Smith + Noble
Re-evaluate the company’s brand strategy and reposition the company to target a new customer segment
The leader in online window treatments wanted to change its business and brand positioning strategy to include a new customer segment. The company current model was to have customers order and install window treatments themselves (Do-it-Yourself Segment) but was interested in serving customers that needed assistance (Do-it-for-Me). They needed to better understand their customer base and see if there was enough customer interest to expand the business model and launch a new marketing initiative.
What BLM Did:
- Conducted one-on-one interview with management and consumers
- Conducted an extensive, segmented online survey of over 300,000 existing and lapsed customers to better understand needs, brand perceptions and behaviors
- Analyzed results to validate and size business model opportunity
- Worked with the management team to develop an updated brand positioning strategy incorporating the new segment while maintaining foundational positioning elements
- Validated the positioning with consumers
- Introduced web development agency to execute site architecture changes and test design changes to accommodate new positioning
- Worked with management to develop updated brand creative strategy and messaging platform
Helped client validate new repositioning strategy and develop an updated brand positioning statement and creative brief. Client grew revenues and expanded its customer base during recession.