Develop a marketing and sales plan to drive new distribution and topline growth
The client had been experiencing good growth, but needed a strong marketing and sales plan to accelerate growth going forward.
What BLM Did:
- Conducted one-on-one interviews with several key retail customers to understand their perceptions of the floral category, our client and future growth opportunities. We also gained a deep understanding of how they made their floral purchase decisions.
- Developed a strategic customer segmentation framework to support the development of customer-specific marketing and sales plans.
- Worked closely with the sales team to develop marketing and sales plans for their top 10 customers.
- Developed disciplined marketing and sales planning process which ensured all plans included product, merchandising, promotion and customer education strategies and tactics.
- Conducted first ever floral category usage and attitude study to understand key consumer drivers and gain feedback on new product and promotional concepts. Translated key findings into usable sales presentation materials.
Incremental distribution and retail sales in key accounts; focused marketing, merchandising and sales strategies